UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: Voices of the Global South
27-29 June 2018| EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Tech4Dev 2018 welcomes, in particular, proposals to organize sessions and events with creative formats and innovative approaches to generating discussion.
Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- ICT for agriculture (e.g., agricultural technologies, irrigation, farming practices)
- Connectivity and communication (e.g., information networks, information technologies and systems, social media)
Crosscutting Themes (applicable to all core thematic areas):
- Strengthening the research-policy nexus in the implementation of the SDGs
- Opportunities and Challenges in Quality (Rigorous) Impact Evaluations: Lessons from the academia and the field
- Development Engineering: Training Global Engineers
- Open science: an opportunity for the Global South?
- Heart Money – the role of venture capitalism in enabling social outcomes
- Blockchain and the BoP: a disruptive technology for economic inclusion?
- Development Engineering in the Private Sector
- Building bridges among global high-tech hubs in the African context