UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: Voices of the Global South
27-29 June 2018 | EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Some level of financial support may be available for session leaders and authors of high quality papers from developing or emerging countries. Financial support may be granted partially or in its entirety. The following expenses may be covered:
- Waiver of the conference registration fee.
- Shared accommodation on campus from Tuesday 26 to Saturday 30 June 2018 (max. 4 nights booked and paid directly by the Conference Organizers).
- A maximum contribution of 1,200 Swiss Francs upon receipt for an economy class, round-trip air ticket to Geneva plus train travel Geneva Airport-Swiss Tech Hotel-Geneva Airport. As per EPFL rules, reimbursement for travelling expenses will only be effected after attendance at the conference, by bank transfer and upon presentation of receipts.
Financial support will NOT cover visa, insurance, meals outside of those included under the conference registration fee, local travel, or any other costs incurred by the authors for their private needs.
The decision to award a grant (either full or partial) will be made by the Scientific Committee based on the quality, originality, and relevance of the submitted session, event or paper. The decision of the Scientific Committee is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Authors are advised that there are no guarantees that any financial support will be awarded as funding available to the Conference Organizers is very limited.
Authors are strongly encouraged to identify alternative sources of funding to attend the conference.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Submit an extended abstract to the conference including the grant application form
- Have the paper accepted for presentation at the conference
- Be the presenting author of the accepted paper
- Be from a developing or emerging country.
Poster presenters are not eligible for financial support.