UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: Voices of the Global South
27-29 June 2018| EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS opens on 11 November 2017
The UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development invites interested parties from research, industry, or civil society to submit either proposals for breakout sessions or events (e.g., hackathons, workshops, be creative …) under one of the conference’s six thematic core areas or nine crosscutting themes (Click on link and scroll to bottom of the Page).
- Title of the session or event proposal
- Short description, alignment with conference themes, objectives and expected outcomes
- Summary of discussion/focus and target audience
- Planned program for event proposals
The following criteria will guide the selection process of either a breakout session or an event proposal:
- Development focus: The integration of technology with poverty reduction, sustainable development, gender equality, integrity, and ethics.
- New thinking, findings, or approaches: The integration of current debates with new ideas and solutions, including lessons from failure.
- Innovation: How novel or innovative is the proposal, and how does it advance existing knowledge?
- Geographical Representation: How do sessions and events incorporate the representation of different geographical contexts in order to provide a wider range of points of view?
The Conference Organizers will cover the following expenses of the selected Session or Event Organizers (if applicable):
- Waiver of the conference registration fee.
- Accommodation from June 26-30, 2018 with breakfast included (max.
4 nights booked and paid directly by the Conference Organizers).
- Travel expense to and from the Conference for session leaders from the Global South unable to cover these costs.