UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: From Innovation to Social Impact
2-4 May 2016 | EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Tech4Dev 2016 welcomes, in particular, proposals to organize sessions and events with creative formats and innovative approaches to generating discussion.
Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Renewable energy sources, energy storage and power management technologies (e.g., smart grids in the Global South)
- Enhancing energy quality and efficiency to increase productive use of energy
- Feasible, sustainable, cost-effect provision of energy
- Resilient energy infrastructure, for instance the provision of a safe, reliable power supply for healthcare
- What are the respective roles of the public and private sector in both financing and enhancing energy access, particularly for the poorest?
Additional cross-cutting issues (applicable to all core thematic areas):
- Gender and technology in development
- Open source approach to technology for development
- Experiences from living-labs, hackathons, and hands on models for engagement
- The internet of things (IoT) for development
- Lessons in scaling businesses by technology for development entrepreneurs
- Public-private partnerships to advance technology for development