UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: From Innovation to Social Impact
2-4 May 2016 | EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Some level of financial support* may be available for authors of high quality papers from developing or emerging countries (see DAC List of ODA Recipients). Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the required forms in a timely manner to be considered.
Authors are advised that it will assist their application if they are able to cover some of the costs themselves or can demonstrate that they have already secured partial support to attend the conference.
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Submit an extended abstract to the conference including the grant application form
- Submit a full paper according to the guidelines and the feedback received from the SciFi Committee
- Have the paper accepted for full paper presentation at the conference
- Be the presenting author of the accepted paper
- Be from a developing or emerging country.
Financial support may concern the following:
- Waiver of the conference registration fee.
- Shared accommodation on campus from Sunday 1 May to Thursday 5 May 2016 (max. 4 nights booked and paid directly by the Conference Organizers).
- Travel assistance at actual cost but up to a maximum of 500 Swiss Francs to help offset travel costs to Geneva (economy class, round-trip air ticket). As per EPFL rules, reimbursement for travelling expenses will only be effected after attendance at the conference, by bank transfer and upon presentation of receipts.
Financial support will NOT cover visa, insurance, meals outside of those included under the conference registration fee, local travel, or any other costs incurred by the authors for their private needs.
The decision to award some level of financial support will be made by the Scientific Committee based on the quality, originality, and relevance of the final paper submitted.
The decision of the Scientific Committee is final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
Authors are advised that there are no guarantees that any financial support will be awarded as funding available to the Conference Organizers is very limited. Authors are therefore strongly encouraged to identify alternative sources of funding to attend the conference.
Poster presenters are not eligible for financial support.
(*) Best case scenario: limited to one award per breakout session