UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development: What is Essential?
4-6 June 2014 | EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
To Submit an Abstract …
- Download Abstract Template and Grant Application Form [Closed]
- Upload Abstract via Online Submission System [Closed]
The UNESCO Chair aims for the conference to be as inclusive and as diverse as possible. The Chair also recognizes that financial/cost constraints prevent many researchers and practioners from developing and/or emerging countries to be able to participate. To help alleviate this constraint, the Chair may award some financial assistance to support the attendance and travel needs of authors who are scheduled to present their work at the conference. The requirements described below must be met in order to qualify.
An applicant must:
- Submit an abstract to the conference as well as the grant application form (online process)
- Have an abstract accepted for a full paper at the conference
- Submit a full paper according to guidelines by 13 January 2014
- Be the presenting author of the accepted paper; and
- Be from a developing or emerging country.
Financial assistance may be granted partially or in its entirety. The following expenses may be covered:
- Conference registration fee
- An economy class, round-trip air ticket to Geneva up to a maximum of CHF 1’200.-
- Accommodation from Tuesday 3 June to Saturday 7 June 2014 (maximum 4 nights booked and paid directly by the organizers)
Financial assistance will NOT cover visa, insurance, meals outside of those included under the conference registration fee, local travel, or any other costs incurred by the participants for their private needs.
The deadline for submitting the Financial Application Form is 14 October 2013.
The decision to award a grant (either full or partial) will be based on the funds available, the financial need of the applicant as well as the overall quality of the full paper to be presented at the conference. There is no guarantee that an applicant will be awarded financial assistance. Successful applicants will be notified of the result of the selection process after acceptance of the full paper.
Please note that if your abstract is not accepted for submission of a full paper, your funding application will be automatically dropped from the process.