Tech4Dev 2018: Voices of the Global South Promotional Video
The Tech4Dev Conference is the biennial flagship event of the UNESCO Chair in Technologies for Development hosted by the Cooperation & Development Centre (CODEV) at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
The focus of the conference is the application of technology solutions to advance inclusive and economic development in the Global South.
Tech4Dev provides an opportunity to:
- Network across disciplines and fields of technology, to promote the development, deployment, adaptation, and scaling of new solutions for the Global South.
- Reinforce collaboration among diverse stakeholders – academics, engineers, entrepreneurs, policymakers, practitioners, and social scientists – for a holistic approach to addressing challenges in technology innovation and diffusion for development.
- Build capacity among students and young professionals to engage in multidisciplinary problem-solving for social impact.
- Technologies for Humanitarian Action
- Medical Technologies
- Science and Technology for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Technologies for Sustainable Access to Energy
- ICT for Development
- Technologies for Sustainable Habitat and Cities
- A unique multidisciplinary platform
- Showcase for cutting-edge research projects in Tech4Dev and case studies from the field
- Participation by 400 experts from over 60 countries
- Sincerest congratulations for an excellent conference! We enjoyed the sessions, networking, and keynotes – all were of very high quality. You are building an excellent community of researchers and practitioners through this meeting. Thanks so much for your initiative and thoughtful work. I hope that we will stay in touch – and find ways to collaborate.
- The 2014 UNESCO Conference was amazing for me, many contacts from all over the world could be found, and I am looking forward to see them develop further. Many thanks for the great organization!
- Your commitment undoubtedly contributes to strengthen collaboration between stakeholders from different horizons and enables an unprecedented multidisciplinary approach to technological innovation to advance inclusive and economic development in the Global South. It also allows a very positive visibility for UNESCO, for which we are very grateful.
- On a personal note, the UNESCO Conference was one of the highlights of my 2014. I celebrate your vision and effort in organizing this event!
- Compliments for organizing an outstanding conference. It was indeed very well organized and afforded opportunities to discuss ideas and meet exceedingly bright people, which is, after all, the raison d’être.
- I liked the challenging theme of the conference which sought to address the pressing issues of our times – poverty, and what role a multidisciplinary approach has to play. The content and the structure of the conference without a doubt are timely.