Knowledge circulation from the Moldovan scientific diaspora
Presentation of research results – Chisinau, Oct. 2012
CODEV-EPFL in collaboration with the Academy of Sciences of Moldova organised the workshop: “Highly skilled mobility and the development of the research and innovation sector of the Republic of Moldova: the need for a structured vision”, in Chisinau, on 12 October 2012.
The aim was to brainstorm on the available instruments and strategies that can be implemented for capitalising on the competences and resources of the scientific diaspora in benefit of the research and innovation sectors of the Republic of Moldova. The woskhop was attended by members of the Moldovan scientific diaspora; representatives of R&D institutions; international experts; public authorities; and representatives of international organisations.
The final results of our EPFL-ASM research project were presented at this ocassion.
Book launch – Chisinau, Feb. 2014
On 7 February 2014 the scientific publication “Skilled migration and development practices: Republic of Moldova and the countries of South East Europe” was launched through a public event at the Academy of Sciences of Moldova (ASM) in Chisinau.
Presentations in international conferences
- G. Tejada, V. Varzari, S. Porcescu, JC. Bolay, “Preliminary considerations on the links between scientific diasporas and home country development: The experience of the Republic of Moldova”, Conference: The Migration and Development Nexus Revisited: State of the Art and Ways Ahead”, University of Trento, Italy, June 2011
- V. Varzari, S. Porcescu and G. Tejada, “EU policies and initiatives on migration towards Eastern Europe: Implications on skilled Moldovans abroad”, IMISCOE-MiReKoc Conference, “Migration and Settlement in Europe: Views from the East and the South”, KOC University, Sariyer, Istanbul, June 2011
- V. Varzari and S. Porcescu, “Involving the highly skilled diaspora in shaping the development strategy of the country of origin: the case of the Republic of Moldova”, Conference: Highly Skilled Migration in the 21st. Century, Middlesex University, UK, May 2012
- G. Tejada, “Scientific diasporas, knowledge circulation, development; insights from the study of skilled Moldovans abroad”, Tech4Dev UNESCO Chair Conference, EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, May 2012
- G. Tejada, V. Varzari, S. Porcescu, “Scientific diasporas, transnationalism and home country development: evidence from the study of skilled Moldovans abroad”, IMISCOE Conference, Workshop on Migration, transnationalism and development in the Balkans and South-East Europe, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, August 2012
- V. Varzari, “Association of the Republic of Moldova to FP7 and new opportunities for involving the S&T diaspora in home country development”; Conference on diaspora in scientific research and higher education from Romania; Bucharest, Romania, 25-28 Sept. 2012.
- V. Varzari, “Highly skilled diaspora of the Republic of Moldova: an international partner for development”; Conference Young Scientists and Science in the Region; Podgorica, Montenegro; 17-18 October 2013.