The Network of Excellence in Engineering Sciences of the French-speaking Community (RESCIF) was created in 2010 at EPFL’s initiative, with the support of the Swiss authorities.
RESCIF network comprises 14 French-language universities in 11 diffrerent countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas and is focused on the fundamental issues: water, energy and nutrition.
Main objectives of RESCIF:
- Promote research that is useful for the development of emerging countries, notably in the fields of water, energy, nutrition and food security
- Encourage the training in cutting-edge technologies (in emerging institutions) of young researchers
- Implement an innovative system of cooperation – both targeted and sustainable – with technological universities in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East
Main EPFL activities within RESCIF:
- Coordination of the MOOCs developpement (massive online open courses) and its diffusion in Africa and future emerging countries
- Gestion du réseau, secrérariat général
- Implementation of the University Research Centre on Energy for Health Care (CURES) in Yaoundé, Cameroun
- Participation to the creation ot the Asian centre for water research (CARE) in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Launch of a research line “Urban Development” between EPFL and Quisqueya University, Haïti