Tech4Dev 2016 welcomes, in particular, proposals to organize sessions and events with creative formats and innovative approaches to generating discussion.
Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Renewable energy sources, energy storage and power management technologies (e.g., smart grids in the Global South)
- Enhancing energy quality and efficiency to increase productive use of energy
- What are the respective roles of the public and private sector in both financing and enhancing energy access, particularly for the poorest?
Crosscutting Themes (applicable to all core thematic areas):
- Strengthening the research-policy nexus in the implementation of the SDGs
- Opportunities and Challenges in Quality (Rigorous) Impact Evaluations: Lessons from the academia and the field
- Development Engineering: Training Global Engineers
- Open science: an opportunity for the Global South?
- Heart Money – the role of venture capitalism in enabling social outcomes
- Blockchain and the BoP: a disruptive technology for economic inclusion?
- Development Engineering in the Private Sector
- Building bridges among global high-tech hubs in the African context