Tech4Dev 2018 welcomes, in particular, proposals to organize sessions and events with creative formats and innovative approaches to generating discussion.
Submissions should emphasize the value of technological innovation while also acknowledging the limits of technology in generating inclusive social and economic development.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Innovative approaches to ensure meaningful humanitarian action in the face of limited access (e.g., telemedicine, use of remote sensing, tracking devices)
- Technologies for essential urban services affected by humanitarian crises (e.g., health, electricity, shelter, water treatment)
- Beneficiary engagement in a hyper-connected world
Crosscutting Themes (applicable to all core thematic areas):
- Strengthening the research-policy nexus in the implementation of the SDGs
- Opportunities and Challenges in Quality (Rigorous) Impact Evaluations: Lessons from the academia and the field
- Development Engineering: Training Global Engineers
- Open science: an opportunity for the Global South?
- Heart Money – the role of venture capitalism in enabling social outcomes
- Blockchain and the BoP: a disruptive technology for economic inclusion?
- Development Engineering in the Private Sector
- Building bridges among global high-tech hubs in the African context